A birth certificate is often required for Filipinos when applying for local and overseas jobs, a passport, licenses, school requirements, or when applying for loans.
You never know when you will have to prove your identity in order to meet a requirement, so always keep a copy of your birth certificate on hand.
In case you don’t have one with you, you can always order one online or in person.
The most convenient way to obtain a birth certificate is online. In addition to being spared lengthy queues, you wouldn’t also have to squeeze your way through horrendous traffic to collect the document.
You can obtain a birth certificate online through two different platforms.
- PSA Serbilis and PSAhelpline.Ph
Your choice of platform depends on what suits you best.
Are PSA Serbilis and PSA Helpline the Same?
The PSA Helpline only delivers documents within the Philippines, whereas the PSA Serbilis offers nationwide and international delivery services.
What is PSA Serbilis?
The PSA Serbilis platform is an online service facility that allows Filipinos to order birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates or Cenomar. PSA Serbilis provides local and international delivery of these aforementioned certificates upon request.
- Application form
- A Valid Identification Card [I.D]
- Authorization Letter if filing for a birth certificate on behalf of someone else (A copy of the person’s valid ID and that of the representative is required)
- Amount of payment
How to Get a Birth Certificate Online Using PSA Serbilis?
Follow these easy steps to get your birth certificate using PSA Serbilis
Step 1: Fill out the PSA Online Application
- Visit the PSA Serbilis homepage (www.psaserbilis.com.ph) to choose your desired certificate. In addition, you can also apply for the certificate by visiting the PSA Online Application page (www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Census/OnlineApplication). You will find the “Request Now” button on this page.
- Simply click on the button that corresponds to the certificate you’re applying for to begin the application process.
- Following that, accept the Terms and Conditions and the Data Privacy Notice and click Next.
- Complete the PSA online application form by answering the questions provided. You’ll see a summary of your information once you’re done. Verify your details and confirm their accuracy to avoid delays in the issuance of the document.
- Upon completion, click the Submit button
- As soon as your PSA application is successfully submitted, a confirmation message will appear to inform you of the success of your application.
Step 2: Pay the corresponding fee
Once you complete the PSA Serbilis online application, you will receive a reference number. You will need to present this number when paying for your documents, so keep it handy. You can also your Batch Request Number to check your document’s status on PSA Serbilis’ homepage.
Birth certificates are priced at 330 pesos per copy for delivery within the Philippines, already inclusive of processing fees, delivery charges, and taxes.
For other countries, delivery will cost you $20.30.
Here Are Four Methods of Payment When Paying for a Birth Certificate
- You can pay online using your credit card at the Serbilis website.
2. Through BDO, you can make payments:
- By using online banking [only for BDO account holders]
- At any BDO ATM [only for BDO account holders]
3. Payments can be made through Unionbank:
- By using online banking [only for Unionbank account holders]
- At any Unionbank ATM [only for Unionbank holders).
4. The Bayad Center also accepts payments.
Step 3: Await delivery of the document
Once you have submitted your birth certificate application and paid for it, you only need to wait for PSA Serbilis’ courier to deliver your birth certificate to your address
When can you expect to receive your birth certificate after payment?
- 4 to 5 working days – if you live within Metro Manila
- 6 to 8 working days – outside Metro Manila
If you live outside the Philippines, “delivery will be dependent on the services of the Philippine Postal Corporation” according to the PSA Serbilis site.
Please ensure someone is available to pick up your document between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays since PSA uses third-party courier services such as 2Go and LBC.
Getting a Birth Certificate for a Visa
The online service also allows you to have your birth certificate document delivered directly to the embassy for your visa application.
Countries eligible for this service are as follows:
- U.S. Embassy
- U.K. Embassy
- Australian Embassy
- Spanish Embassy
Upon submitting your form, you will be redirected to a confirmation page. Verify your details and make sure they are accurate to prevent any problems down the road.
With this form, you are just making an account with the Serbilis website but once you have completed the sign-up form, you will be directed to the actual request form.
Upon clicking the “add birth certificate button, you will be asked the ff. questions:
Have you had your birth certificate revised? Or did you request one and lose it?
If your response to the questions is in the affirmative, then you may request the document online.
However, if this is your first time requesting a corrected birth certificate, you will need to apply in person with supporting documentation at the PSA office.
Nevertheless, if you haven’t amended your birth certificate before or it’s not your first time requesting a modified certificate, your next step is to fill out the request form.
You need to fill out the ff. information:
- Name of Parents
- Date of Birth
You will also be asked to answer the following questions:
- Did you register late?
- What is your purpose for the application?
- Are you requesting the document for someone else or for yourself?
If you are requesting it on behalf of someone else, you may need to state your relationship with the owner of the birth certificate. A copy authorization letter, the person’s valid ID, and that of the representative [you] may also be required.
Once all your information is correct, you can submit your request.
Your request will then be redirected to a confirmation page where you will receive the following:
- The batch number of the request you submitted
- The payment instructions
SM Business Center:
How to get a PSA Birth Certificate at SM Business Center?
Step 1: Complete the PSA birth certificate application form [ The form will be provided upon request]
Step 2: Make a payment for the service
Step 3: Claim your certificate on the scheduled date of release
How much will a birth certificate cost?
- 155 pesos per copy and a 25 peso service fee per request.
When can I receive the certificate?
- You will receive your certificate within 7-14 days
The PSA has authorized PSAHelpline.ph to issue PSA birth certificates, with the platform facilitating the application process.
Service support is provided by a hotline available Monday through Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm, excluding holidays. And should you have inquiries regarding PSA birth certificates, you can also send your queries via email.
Email and SMS updates are also available on the website for tracking your document’s status.
Applying through PSAHelpline.ph
Go to Psahelpline. ph website for more detailed instructions on how to get a birth certificate online using their platform.